1. Who is eligible for services?
MCN-CSE provides services to:
Any parent or custodian – any mom, dad, grandparent, or legal caretaker of a child under 18 years of age who are members or eligible for membership in the Muscogee (Creek) Nation or any other federally recognized tribe and live within the boundaries of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. Either the custodian – the person with legal custody of the child – or the noncustodial parent – the parent without legal custody of the child – can request child support services.

2. How do I apply for services?
To request an Application for Child Support Services be mailed to you, contact us at 918-295-0800 or download an application under the “Forms” section of our website.

3. Where do I send child support payments?
All payments must be made payable to “Muscogee (Creek) Nations Child Support” and sent to the address below:
Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Office of Child Support
P.O. Box 100
Okmulgee, OK 74447

4. What are acceptable forms of payments?
The following are acceptable forms of payments:
• Money Orders
• Cashier’s Check
• Business Check
NOTE: MCN-CSE will not accept personal checks

5. How can parents receiving MCN-CSE services help?
• Giving MCN-CSE all the information asked for on the application
• Providing all child support orders related to your case
• Providing a clear, detailed month-by-month record of child support payments received from the noncustodial parent
• Telling MCN-CSE of any periods the other parent had custody
• Informing MCN-CSE of any changes in your address
• Informing MNC-CSE of any changes in the noncustodial parent’s address, employment, or assets
• Responding to any requests for additional information as soon as possible

6. Are there services that MCN-CSE does not provide?
Yes, MCN-CSE does NOT provide the following services:
• Custody and Visitation
• Legal Advice
• Divorce Actions
• Property Settlements
• Legal Representation of Either Party

7. Is there a charge for MCN-CSE services?
MCN-CSE does not charge for services at this time, which includes genetic testing.

8. I am applying for assistance thoughTribal TANF. Do I have to seek child support from the children’s noncustodial parent?
When your Tribal TANF case is opened, you must initiate a child support case. Failure to cooperate on the child support case can cause the TANF assistance to be denied.

9. How much child support will be ordered?
Child support is ordered using the gross income of both parents. This information plus any other information required under the law is inserted into a calculation called the Child Support Guidelines and computed to determine the monthly child support obligation the noncustodial parent is ordered to pay. Only a judge can order that child support be paid.

10. What can I do to get my support increased if I think it is too low?
If the order was not issued in the past 12 months, and your case has not already been reviewed in that time, you can submit a written request for modification to your case worker. The case worker will send financial affidavits to both parties and use those to determine if the support amount should be modified. If the calculated support amount differs by more than 15 percent from the existing support order, the order will be modified regardless of whether the change is an increase or decrease.

11. Do I need to tell MCN-CSE when I move?
Yes. If MCN-CSE does not have the proper address for you, information such as notification letters or distribution of payments cannot be sent to you.

12. Can MCN-CSE help with questions or problems about visitation?
MCN-CSE does not provide visitation services or advice.

13. When I was a child, the noncustodial parent did not pay the support he/she was ordered to pay. Can I collect the money that is owed?
No. The former custodial parent, not the now-emancipated child, is the person with standing to enforce the unpaid child support that accrued during the minority of the child.

14. If the other parent may cause me or the child physical or emotional harm if my address is disclosed, or if I have a protective order against the other parent, what should I do?
Contact your case worker immediately.

15. My child will turn 18 soon but he is still in high school. What will happen to the child support?
If the child is still in high school you will need to provide us with proof of enrollment and the child’s expected date of graduation. If the order was issued in Oklahoma, child support is payable until age 20, or the date of graduation, whichever comes first.

16. What information is needed to collect child support?
The most important piece of information about the noncustodial parent is his or her Social Security number.
All other helpful information:
• Date of birth
• Address
• Name of employer
• Bank account numbers
• Names and contact Information for relatives and friends who may have information on the non-custodial parent’s current whereabouts
• Property ownership documents
Good sources of this information include:
• State and Federal tax returns
• Hospital or medical records
• Paycheck stubs
• Military records
• Insurance policies

17. What are arrears?
"Arrears," "arrearage," or "past-due support" means the total amount of unpaid support obligations that have accrued under a support order.

18. When is my case considered delinquent?
If child support is not received in full by MCN-CSE by the last day of the month, it is considered "delinquent." However, there are certain criteria that must be met before any enforcement action can be taken.

19. What if I am in the military and called to active duty?
If you have been called to active duty, please notify MCN-CSE to report the change in address and/or employment status by calling 918-295-0800.

20. I am applying for housing or other tribal assistance and I need child support verification. What do I do?
You will need to mail or fax a letter to MCN-CSE which contains the following information:
• Consent for MCN-CSE to release child support information
• Your social security number
• A copy of your Oklahoma driver's license or ID to verify identity
• Name of the housing representative contact person
• Information on where to send completed forms (mailing address or fax number)
• Your signature
Please allow 5-7 business days for the verification to be completed and submitted to the agency. If you have additional questions you may call 918-295-0800.